What is the event about?
The Freelance Workshop is a one-day training workshop hosted by Watu Technology. Its aim is to provide an opportunity for aspiring Freelance Writers to learn directly from a variety of established and current Professional Freelance Writers with a proven record of success who will teach the participants all they need to know. The event presents an opportunity to learn the skills required to be a successful professional freelance writer and monetize their talent.
This workshop will introduce also writing and cover the following areas:
– Understanding Freelance Writing as a trade.
– What is Freelance writing?
– What are the skillset requirements for Freelance writing?
– Freelance Writing as an income generating venture.
– Challenges and success stories from experienced Freelance writers. Participants also get a chance to interact, learn more about getting work and landing their first clients.
When And Where Will The Event Take Place:
The date for the workshop is 4th November 2017 starting 10 a.m – 4 p.m with the venue being Watu Workspace (Donholm)
A registration fee payable to M-Pesa Till No. 748239 is required upon completion of the registration form
Early Bird Tier 1 – Ksh 800 *valid from 1st – 21st October
Early Bird Tier 2 – Ksh 900 *valid from 22nd – 31st October
Regular Tickets – Ksh 1, 000 *valid from 1st – 4th November
Who Should Attend
This workshop is ideal for all individuals who wish to develop their Writing skills to either boost their skills or hone their hand at freelancing for income. This workshop is aimed at helping participants to embrace Freelance Writing as an interesting and attractive income-generating venture.
Benefits of Attendance
- Discovering your niche, Develop Freelance writing skills
- Explore different strategies to help with writing theses and academic papers
- Begin the process of Freelance Writing in a supported environment
- Dedicated Q & A time
- Ask more specific questions during one-to-one chats at the end of the event, and network with other like-minded attendees and established Freelance Writers with expertise in the field.
What You Can Expect
The event will provide all the inside information one would need to understand the career field and be successful in it, this training will cover what freelance writing is, the different aspects of it, how much one can expect to make, how to find markets, creating successful queries, what to do once you get an assignment, and how to market the skills acquired.
Participants will also learn some of the tools of the trade that will help them be successful, such as how to build a portfolio, where to get ideas and topics from, common writing rules and various ways they can increase earnings as a writer.
At the end of the workshop, attendees should have the knowledge and confidence to begin to find their way into the freelance writing industry or to develop their own work in another professional manner.
09:00 Participant Registration
10:00 Session I
– Introduction to Freelance Writing
– Brief Description of the event, Main Components of a Freelance Writing & general procedure alongside categories to be covered during the workshop.
10:45 Tea & Networking Session
11:00 Session II
– First Presentation: Turn Passion To Profit by Ronnie Amaya
12:00 Session III
– Second Presentation: Content Writing for Blogs by Karen Kandia
13:00 Lunch & Prayer Break
14:00 Session IV
– Third Presentation: Feature Articles & Shadow Writing by Annik Muthoni
15:00 Session V
– Fourth Presentation: Digital Monetization & Freelance Opportunities Available by Robert Muita
16:00 Closing & Further Networking at participants and speakers volition.